Wooo boy, that was some finals week! E went into teething in high gear (no real sign yet, just bumps), Darrell caught a cold or something miserable, and I stumbled blindly into studying. So very maxed out from a very difficult semester. If you've been reading along, you're likely as ready as I am for me to shut up about it already and move on. But hey, my blog, my free therapy!
I studied, perhaps not enough in some cases, but I feel the passing of the semester with a sense of accomplishment. It's taken a lot to get me here, and in spite of how important that is, I'm happily set with a new family and those experiences matter most. (inhale) I was completely overwhelmed at times, losing sight of my real goals, and I hope to see in the future-me that I've learned from it. I met with one of the faculty yesterday for a "portfolio review", and we discussed some things about what I see for me to focus on. This was both professional and personal, as everything seems to be therapeutic somehow. Good timing, as I can ponder it and try to do some preventative self-maintenance. I never ever want to feel that kind of stress again. I think I was more prepared for childbirth, really.
Speaking of, and the reason I have readers, Emelia. Oh boy, she is a growing sprout. Always something new and exciting, or annoying as hell, but overall quite uber cool. We're very proud. Now I get a few weeks to focus on HER and trying to get some food into her life, while teething will negate all our efforts I am sure. eh, it's parenting and there is not any ONE manual (rather, quadzrillionses) on how to do it right. Emelia, you are our little petri dish. Smile!
Ok, after I post this, I should think really strongly about the one last f-ing paper that I have to do by tomorrow. Ugh. So annoying, but in a way I've become dependant on that 20%. Over break, amongst other things mentioned and thought and scribbled on bits of paper, I get to do 2 papers! joy is mine. bask bask.
Now go watch Emelia drooling or whatever it is I grab to post.
this was filmed on my lap. Forgive the poor production and deal with the cuteness.
1 comment:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...
I hope Darrell is feeling better and keeping his germs to himself. Did you finish your paper yet, missy?
xo
Post a Comment